Workforce Development Suite (WDSuite) Version 9.0.
WDSuite is your gateway to all job openings and skilled workers on file with the New York State Department of Labor and Workforce Development Partner Agencies. Download this Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME and NT compliant software to your PC today.
Download WDSuite software and data files below.
- Software files:
- Data files:
WDSuite v9.0 Features
- Jobseekers can search local or statewide job openings by skill word, job title, education or job order number. New data encryption ensures the validity of your files. The jobsbank program in WDSuite will search the entire job description and title for any text string you request. Looking for an entry level job, and pay is more important than the job title? Jobsbank can identify entry level jobs and sort them according to education requirements, location and full or part-time status. The Jobsbank program identifies job orders less than a week old so you won't read the same job orders from one week to another!
- Employers can search for available workers by job title and by county, region or state. The Skills Inventory System gives employers a breakdown of experience and education levels for all persons in the listed job title.
- Considering a recruitment drive in another part of the state? The DOL Local Office Locator gives you the name, address, phone and fax number of the nearest local DOL office manager in any part of the state.
- Change data path for use on networks or shared drives.
- Complete context sensitive Windows Help. Print out individual help topics if desired.
- Job opening data files are updated Monday through Friday at 9:00am.
- The available labor pool data file (WDSSKILL.EXE) is updated every Wednesday.
Minimum Requirements: a Pentium class PC operating Windows NT or Windows 95 or above with at least 7 megabytes of free disk space for the program (more space required for data) and a minimum 16 megabytes of RAM. An Internet connection will be needed to obtain data updates. No MacIntosh/Apple versions of this software are available.
Download Full Installation, WDSuite Version 9.0 software. This will bring up a box that says File Download, Save this Program, Click OK. It will then ask you to Save As and where you want to download the file. Click Save. WDSuite9.exe will download to your computer. When the download is complete, click Close. Bring up Windows Explorer. Go to where you downloaded the file. Double-click on the file named: WDSuite9.exe. It should copy files and then go into Setup. Install WDSuite by clicking the button. When it's finished with Setup, click OK. You may want to go into WDSuite now by clicking your Start button, then Programs and WDSuite should be listed. If it's not, go into your Windows Explorer and find the WDSuite folder and double-click on WDSuite.exe. The default path C:\WDSuiteSetup will have all of the install files.
Department of Labor users MUST have administrative access to install properly on pre Windows 2000 machines.
If you choose to make floppy disks from your computer, 7 disks are required.
- Copy Setup.exe, Setup.lst and WDSuit1.cab to a blank floppy disk labeled WDSuite Disk 1.
- Copy each WDSuit2.cab - WDSuit7.cab files to the remaining 6 disks labeling them WDSuite 2 - WDSuite 7 accordingly.
- Download only the data files you are interested in.
- Always use the Save to Disk option from the download dialog box.
The following files contain job openings listed with the New York State Department of Labor. Download these files to to a floppy disk or the WDSuite directory on your hard drive and click update data in the WDSuite program. Download job listings for:
- Western New York - Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chatauqua, Erie, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Niagara, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates counties.
- Central New York - Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, Otsego, Schuyler, Steuben, St. Lawrence, Tioga and Tompkins counties.
- Eastern New York - Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, New York, Orange, Putnam,Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren, Washington and Westchester counties.
- Downstate New York - Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Queens, Richmond and Suffolk counties.
- New York State - all 62 New York Counties. This file will NOT fit on a floppy disk.
- Out of State jobs within a 10 mile radius of the state border - Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Vermont.
Download registered job seekers - This is the weekly update of job seekers searchable by job title and county. This file contains all applicants listed with the New York State Department of Labor in New York State. Updated every Wednesday.
You are free to distribute this product at no charge. No changes to the structure of this program are allowed without written permission from the New York State Department of Labor.
New York State Department of Labor
Research & Statistics Division
450 South Salina St.
Syracuse, NY 13202
Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.