Albany, NY (November 08, 2010) -
To help job seekers navigate the New York State Job Bank, the Labor Department has released a video that shows people how to maximize their job search results.
In the video, Labor Commissioner Colleen C. Gardner takes job seekers on a step-by-step tour and explains the benefits of signing up.
“We want to help connect New Yorkers with the thousands of jobs listed on the Job Bank, and connect businesses with the thousands of talented job seekers who are ready to work,” said Commissioner Gardner.
The Job Bank continues to grow since its introduction in August of this year. It now has over 87,000 positions listed.
The site offers free services for both job seekers and businesses. To look at listings, sign up, or post a job opening go to the New York State Job Bank.
The new site offers these benefits for the job seeker:
• Helps them to search job listings by key word or location
• Alerts them to the latest job postings as often as they choose
• Allows them to post resumes
• Gives them the option to let employers view their resume
Businesses that register with the new site get these benefits:
• Enables them to search thousands of resumes from a highly qualified talent pool
• Automatically adds jobs listed on their web sites to the job bank
• Expands company exposure by posting their job across the country via Labor Department partnerships
You can also search for jobs directly on the Labor Department.