Liverpool, NY (September 20, 2012) -
The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for Sprinkler Fitters, Local Union #669 (Central), will conduct a recruitment from October 15, 2012 through October 11, 2013 for five sprinkler fitter apprentices, State Labor Commissioner Peter M. Rivera announced today.
Application forms may be obtained from the following locations from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period. Applications may also be requested by calling (800) 638-0592 or e-mailing email@example.com.
- Plumbers & Steamfitters LU # 267, 150 Midler Park Drive, Syracuse, NY 13206
- Plumbers & Steamfitters JAC, LU # 7, 18 Avis Drive, Latham, NY 12110
- Plumbers & Steamfitters, LU # 22 of Western NY, 3651 California Road, Orchard Park, NY 14127
- LIUNA LU # 17, 451C Little Britain Road, Newburgh, NY 12550
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old - proof of age required at the time of selection.
- Must have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (G.E.D.) - proof of H.S. diploma or GED certificate required at the time of selection.
- Must be physically able to perform the work required as determined by medical examination, including drug screening, paid for by the sponsor, after an offer of employment.
- Must be physically fit to perform the work as stated below, which entails lots of lifting and climbing:
- Will be required to work inside and outdoors.
- Job can vary from working in a trench 8 feet below the ground to working 100 feet or higher above the ground.
- Work with overhead piping, normally plastic or steel, ranging in size from 1 inch to 8 inches in diameter, and with underground pipes between 4 inches and 16 inches in diameter.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must travel to the job at various locations and may be required to be away from home for extended periods.
- Must provide copy of military discharge form (DD214), if applicable.
For further information, applicants should contact their nearest New York State Department of Labor office or may contact the Local Union # 669 at (845) 926-6984.
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.