Terms and Conditions for Representatives
Unemployment Insurance (UI) Online Services - Terms and Conditions for Representatives
I hereby certify that I am duly authorized to create an account with New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) as a Master Administrator on behalf of my company, and to act on behalf of my company with respect to my company's account maintained in NYSDOL's UI Online Services. I further certify that my company is a Representative, which is an Electronic Return Originator (ERO) that has been approved by the Internal Revenue Service.
- I understand and agree that both a UI Online Services User Identification and Password will be issued to me for the sole purpose of enabling me to conduct UI Online Services functions with NYSDOL on behalf of my company.
- I understand and agree that I am responsible for keeping the User Identification and Password confidential, and must not allow any other person to use them for any reason.
- With the express permission of my company, I am authorized to access all of my company's UI account information, designate other persons within my company to have access to my company's UI account information, and conduct transactions on behalf of my company. As a representative, I am authorized to access UI information and conduct transactions on behalf of clients who have granted such authorization to my company. I understand and agree that I have an obligation to authenticate any person designated by me to act under the provisions of this paragraph. It is also understood and agreed that any person so designated must likewise agree to be subject to all of the terms and conditions set forth herein. I understand and agree that I am responsible for informing such persons so designated of these terms and conditions, and of obtaining their unconditional consent. I also agree to immediately remove access rights from any person so designated if a change of circumstances warrants such removal, e.g. if the person leaves the employ of the company, or if their job responsibilities change such that it is no longer appropriate for the person to have such access.
- I understand that access to UI account information of clients of my company is granted by NYSDOL at the company level. I understand and agree that as a Master Administrator for my company, I have a responsibility to manage access by employees of the company to both my company's and their client's information. I further agree to supervise employee use of the UI Online Services system, and to monitor all access gained to ensure that employee access to information is appropriate and consistent with the access privileges granted each employee by me.
- My company and I, and any other person within my company duly designated to have access to the UI Online Services, shall be jointly responsible for the security of the company's UI Online Services account. My company, my designee(s), and I shall be held responsible for any access gained, and/or any transactions attempted or completed, by any unauthorized person who gains access to the UI Online Services system or UI information as a result of a failure to safeguard our user identifications and passwords.
- I will immediately report to my company and NYSDOL any information that would lead a reasonable person to believe that an unauthorized person had obtained access to any User Identification and/or Password duly authorized pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- I will not use my User Identification and/or Password for personal use. I will only use them for the purpose of UI Online Services functions and performing job-related activities authorized by my company.
- I shall disable my Master Administrator UI Online Services account prior to leaving the employ of my company, or if my job responsibilities change such that UI Online Services administration or access is no longer part of my responsibilities. In such event(s), if an alternate Master Administrator has not been authorized prior to my removal as Master Administrator, my company's UI Online Services account can only be re-enabled for use by the company's completion of a new full UI Online Services creation process by an owner, officer, or authorized employee who will subsequently become the new Master Administrator.
- This agreement shall be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of New York State.
- I understand that the UI Online Services web application is being run, in part, through the NYe-Net, which is maintained by the New York State Office for Technology (OFT), and that as an additional condition for use of this application, I am required to agree to the "Acceptable Use Policy for Users of NYe-Net Applications."
- I understand and agree that NYSDOL may change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time and that such changes shall become effective immediately. I further agree that I am responsible for periodically checking the UI Online Services web application to determine if these terms have been changed. If I continue to use the UI Online Services after NYSDOL posts such changes, I am thereby signifying my acceptance of the new terms.
Last Updated 01/2012
Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.