Online Services for Employers
Please note: You need a NY.GOV ID to use Online Services. If you already have a Department of Taxation and Finance (DTF) Online Services (OLS) account, you do not need to create a new NY.GOV ID with us. See below - 'How do I upgrade my DTF OLS Account?'
Employers or their Representative Filing Agents must now use a NY.GOV ID and sign in through this web page to access their Employer Information page. This change will better protect your identity and provide you with new and improved web services.
(Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm)
OR Get UI Rate Only
- View your Unemployment Insurance Employer Information Page
- Apply for Shared Work - See new information below
- File a NYS 45, Quarterly Combined Withholding, Wage Reporting and Unemployment Insurance Return
- Upload a Wage Reporting File
- File a NYS-1, Return of Tax Withheld
- Report a Change of Address online
- Assign an Online Services Filing Representative
- Create an Account to Provide Filing Agent Services
Shared Work reforms took effect April 29, 2013. These reforms, enacted under the leadership of Governor Andrew M Cuomo, strengthen the Shared Work program to help businesses stay in business and avoid layoffs. Now, a business may participate in Shared Work with a minimum of two employees, part-time workers are eligible, benefit payments are extended to 26 weeks, and participation will not negatively affect a business’ unemployment insurance experience rate. To find out more, click on the “Shared Work” button on the menu on the left of this page. To apply online, sign on to your employer account with a NY.GOV ID (above). Then, on the page “Perform Work for my Company,” select “View my UI Information Page” and then click on the “Shared Work” button at the bottom left of that page.
Coming later in 2013: A web-based system called SIDES (State Information Data Exchange System) will allow employer agents/claims administrators and employers to respond electronically, automatically and securely to requests for unemployment insurance information. The benefits of SIDES include:
- It’s FREE.
- It saves time and money by reducing staff time, mailing costs, and the need for follow-up requests and phone calls.
- It helps keep UI rates as low as possible by reducing overpayments.
- It provides an electronic, nationally standardized data format.
- It includes data checks to ensure the exchange of complete and valid information.
Employer agents/claims administrators – please note: SIDES has specific system requirements, which are available on the SIDES website. We suggest you check these requirements now so you are prepared to use SIDES when it becomes available through the NYS Department of Labor website. Information specific to SIDES implementation in New York will be posted on our website as it becomes available. If you have questions about the implementation of SIDES in New York State, please call (888) 4-NYSDOL (888-469-7365).
How do I upgrade my DTF OLS account?
The process to upgrade your DTF OLS account is easy:
- A Master Administrator of the DTF OLS account must sign in first
- Provide information from prior tax filings, if prompted
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
After completing these three simple steps, the Master Administrator can give the necessary permissions for employees to use the system. The names of the employees listed in the DTF OLS will automatically transfer to the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Online Services for Employers system. However, the Master Administrator must reset the permission level for each employee.
- What is a NY.GOV ID?
Your NY.GOV ID allows you to use online services from various NYS government agencies using a single Username and Password. For example, if you create a NY.GOV ID through the Department of Labor (DOL) and then want to use the Online Tax Center of the Department of Taxation and Finance, you can use the same NY.GOV ID Username and Password for both agencies. If you already have a NY.GOV ID Username and Password before you sign up with the DOL, we will assign that Username and Password to your DOL account.
- What are the benefits?
This will allow web users to use the same Username and Password to access online services from multiple NYS government agencies. It will create a better online experience for you and increase your security.
Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.