|10:00 - 10:45||Local Chairs Report Out|
- Opportunity for each chair to discuss issues which his board is grappling with and ways for the Subcommittee to facilitate or assist in resolution
|10:45 - 11:00||Private Sector Recruitment & Retention: Idea Exchange|
- How are local boards handling recruitment? Retention?
- How can the State Board assist Local Boards in promoting local board membership?
|11:00 - 11:30||Data Exchange: Tools Needed to Build a Local Workforce System|
- At the March State Board meeting, several local chairs spoke to the need for better access to data to track outcomes across funding streams to measure whether or not individuals are being served. In particular, one chair indicated that mandated partners are not always willing to share their program data. The subcommittee is interested in exploring with local board chairs what data is needed and how the subcommittee can facilitate the dialog with the appropriate parties to ensure local boards have sufficient information to make policy decisions.
|11:30 - 12:15||From Occupations to Skills: Ways to Collaborate on Closing the Gap|
- Tony Joseph, from the Department of Laborís Research & Statistics Division, presented information to two subcommittees of the State Board last week. A brief overview was given to the full board. This presentation will open the dialog with the local chairs on how the State Board can support the efforts of local boards to identify their skill gaps and prioritize their resources around closing those skill gaps. Important to this dialog will be information local boards have gleaned from their Skills Gap Analysis Phase I grant. Not all local areas have completed Phase I but this will serve as a foundation on how to shape that data into meaningful policies for better economic and workforce outcomes.
|12:15 - 1:00||Working Lunch and Wrap-Up|
- Action items and next steps