NEW YORK STATE WORKFORCE INVESTMENT BOARD
Local Board Liaison Subcommittee
Transitional Worker Subcommittee
Incumbent Worker Subcommittee
September 18, 2002
Wyndham Hotel (Host Site)
The three subcommittees will hold a joint discussion on the following agenda. There will be no full meeting of the State Board.
|10:00-10:45||WIA Reauthorization: Discussion of Draft Principles (Attachment A)
- Presentation of Draft Principles Developed by Local Board Staff from Around NYS (Patrick Doyle, Broome/Tioga WIB)
- Discussion on Strategies on how to refine and/or improve Draft Principles and Role of State and Local Boards in Developing Consensus for a Statewide Strategy on Reauthorization
- Next Steps
|10:45–11:30||Skills, Skill Gaps and Training (Attachment B)
- Presentation of the Concept Paper to Frame the Discussion: How do we link State and Local Board initiatives for a system approach?
- Questions for Local Boards:
- Now that Skills Gap 1 has been completed, how has it informed local policies around training?
- With the shifting economy, have local policies changed? Have local priorities changed?
- How are Local Board policies distinguishing between Skills and Occupations?
- What discussion, if any, has the Local Board had around credentials? What role will credentials play in local policies around training?
|11:30-Noon||Open Discussion Between State and Local Board Members
- Setting Agenda Items for Next Meeting November 14, 2002 in Albany
- The November meeting will include a presentation on System Measures as developed by a workgroup of WIB directors from around NYS
|Video Link Sites (Reservations a Must as space is limited):|
Albany: State Office Campus, Building 12, Room 183 and Training Room ‘E’
Rochester: NYSDOL, 109 South Union Street, Room 321
White Plains: 120 Bloomingdale Road, Conference Room ‘F”
Garden City: 400 Oak Street, Suite 102