|Background:||TA 04-3 provided information regarding the reporting requirements for OSOS users and non-users. This advisory provides an updated list of reporting due dates (beginning in October, 2005) and also contains information on changes to the WIASRD format.
- Reporting Due Dates
must have complete data on participants entered into the system by the fifth (5th) business day following the end of the calendar quarter. This must include data for all participants (both exiters and non-exiters) who were active at any time up to the end of the reporting period. Any data not entered by the deadline will not be included in the report for that quarter. Data entered after the deadline will be included in subsequent reports. NYSDOL will extract a file from OSOS each quarter, which will be used for the quarterly reports. The file extracted in July (for the period ending June 30) will be used in the annual report and will be included in the statewide WIASRD file that is submitted to USDOL.
- OSOS Users
Deadlines for the next eight quarters for OSOS users to have complete data in OSOS in order to meet reporting requirements are:
|Reporting Period Ending||Deadline for Data Entry into|
OSOS is Close of Business:
|September 30, 2005||October 7, 2005|
December 31, 2005||January 9, 2006|
March 31, 2006||April 7, 2006|
June 30, 2006||July 10, 2006|
September 30, 2006||October 6, 2006|
December 31, 2006||January 8, 2007|
March 31, 2007||April 6, 2007|
June 30, 2007||July 9, 2007|
- Non-OSOS areas will be required to submit a quarterly participant file in the WIASRD format, specified in Section B, WIASRD Format, for all participants who were active at any time during the period shown on the following chart. The file must be submitted by the sixth (6th) business day following the end of each calendar quarter. The quarterly or annual report will be generated from the previous quarterly WIASRD file for an area that does not submit a file by the deadline shown on the chart. Please note that the file submitted in July (for the period ending June 30) will be used for the annual report and will be included in the statewide WIASRD file that is submitted to USDOL.
|Reporting Period Ending||Include Participants (Exiters and Non-exiters) Who Were Active During:||Due Date to NYSDOL is Close of Business:|
|September 30, 2005||July 1, 2003 – September 30, 2005||October 11, 2005|
|December 31, 2005||July 1, 2003 – December 31, 2005||January 10, 2006|
|March 31, 2006||July 1, 2003 – March 31, 2006||April 10, 2006|
|June 30, 2006||July 1, 2003 – June 30, 2006|| July 11, 2006|
|September 30, 2006||July 1, 2004 – September 30, 2006||October 10, 2006|
|December 31, 2006||July 1, 2004 – December 31, 2006||January 9, 2007|
|March 31, 2007||July 1, 2004 – March 31, 2007||April 9, 2007|
|June 30, 2007|| July 1, 2004 – June 30, 2007||July 10, 2007|
WIASRD Format – Non-OSOS Users
The WIASRD reporting format can be found at: http://www.doleta.gov/performance/guidance/wia.cfm. Please go to this website and click on WIASRD Specifications. The format of the file must be fixed-length. Note: While the WIASRD document refers only to exiters, it is necessary to report both exiters and active participants for the period.
Also please note that this technical advisory adds six reporting items to the WIASRD file.
- Date of Last Service – record the actual date the customer last received a WIA-funded service. You should no longer record a date 365 days after the due date for submittal of the file to NYSDOL.
- The State Supplemental Funds field is to be used to report on all individuals who have been served with State supplemental funds since October 2000 (when funds were first distributed). Specifications for the State Supplemental Funds field are provided in the table below. If an individual has been served with supplemental funds since October 2000, then enter a 1, 2, or 3 as specified in the table; otherwise leave the field blank. Please note that completing the State Supplemental Funds field is in addition to completing the fields for local Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth funds (Items 304, 305 and 306). Therefore, individuals served with supplemental funds must be coded in two places: first, in one of items 304-306, and second, in the item 746 (the State Supplemental Funds field). Do not code such individuals in the fields for Statewide 15% or Rapid Response activities (Items 307 – 312).
- Office ID – the format for the 9 digit Office ID field is: first six digits – office ID, with leading zeros to equal 6 characters; last three digits – last 3 digits of the local WIB code, with leading zeros to equal 3 characters. For example, if the WIB is NYC and has the office id of 18605, the field should be submitted as 018605015.
- Office Name
- Customer Name
The six additional fields should be placed immediately after item 743 in the WIASRD. The specifications for these fields are as shown below:
|Item #||Field #||Length||Column|
|744||198||8||630||Date||DTE_LST_SV||YYYYMMDD. Record the actual date that the customer last received a WIA-funded service||A. Must be a valid date.|
B. Must be greater than Item 302 (date of registration).
|745||199||9||638||Character||SSNO||XXXXXXXXX. Not required by WIASRD, but is needed for wage record matching. Include leading zeros to equal 9 characters.||Must not include hyphens, dashes or alpha characters.||All|
Funds||1 = Adult supplemental funds|
2 = Dislocated Worker supplemental funds
3 = Youth supplemental funds
|Must be ‘1’, ‘2’, ‘3’, or blank||All|
|747||201||9||648||Numeric||OFFICE_ID|| Not required by WIASRD, but is needed for Data Validation. Include numeric identifier of office where services were received.|| ||All|
|748||202||30||657||Character||OFFICE_NAME||Not required by WIASRD, but is needed for Data Validation. Include name of office where services were received.|| ||All|
|749||203||40||687||Character||CUSTOMER_NAME||Not required by WIASRD, but is needed for identification of customers|| ||All
If the U.S. Department of Labor makes an edit check document and program available, NYSDOL will inform the LWIAs how to access it. Areas should check their WIASRD file to assure it complies with the additional edit checks noted in Section a below.
- Edit Checks
- Duplicate records (overlapping or concurrent periods of participation)
- Date requirements:
- All dates are valid (e.g., no months higher than 12, day is appropriate for the month, year is 1900 or later, month and date must include leading zeros where appropriate)
- No dates are later than end of reporting period.
- Younger youth has at least one goal on the record.
- Every record has a WIA registration date.
- Age requirements:
- No records are youth funding with age at registration greater than 21.
- No records are only adult funding with age at registration less than 18.
- Every record has a birth date that is less than registration date by 14 years or more.
- ID and SSN are each a valid combination of 9 characters with no dashes, spaces or alpha characters.
Submittal and Inquiries
The full WIASRD file must be submitted by e-mail to: RSWIAReporting@labor.state.ny.us.
If you have questions about any of these requirements, please contact Bill Meehan at (518) 457-1300 or Mary Sawicz at (518) 457-6649. For questions about transmitting the file, call Jeff Sorensen at (518) 402-4679.