Skip to Content Skip to Navigation

Specialized Services


View H-2A agricultural clearance orders. There are current agricultural jobs in:

  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Massachusetts
  • Pennsylvania

This list includes:

  • Dates of work
  • Location of job
  • The location(s) of housing
  • Description of the job duties
  • Wage rates

Farm Worker Rights

Displaced Homemakers

The Displaced Homemaker Program serves people who have been displaced from their careers as unpaid homemakers.

Services include:

  • Crisis intervention
  • Counseling
  • Referral to community service agencies
  • Assertiveness training
  • Decision-making training
  • Assessment
  • Resume writing
  • Job search strategies
  • Job clubs

Federal Bonding Program

The Federal Bonding Program provides fidelity bond insurance coverage for businesses who hire high-risk jobseekers. This includes:

  • Ex-offenders
  • People with poor credit
  • Persons who lack a work history
  • Veterans with a dishonorable discharge
  • People with addictions in recovery
  • Economically disadvantaged youth

Federal Bonding Program Fact Sheet

To find out more, contact your Local New York State Career Center.

Persons with Disabilities

Disability Employment Initiative

We operate this federally funded disability employment service in our New York State Career Centers. We provide seamless Workforce Investment Act (WIA) services and accessibility for everyone served in our Career Centers, including individuals with disabilities.


ACCES-VR provides the following services to persons with disabilities:

  • Transition services for students with disabilities from school to adult services
  • Vocational rehabilitation services for working age individuals with disabilities
  • Independent living services for people with disabilities of all ages
  • Business services for hiring a qualified diverse workforce

ACCES-VR is a partner of the New York State Department of Labor. Contact your Local New York State Career Center for more information.

Helpful Links

Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)


The Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Program is a federal entitlement program that assists U.S. workers who have lost or may lose their jobs as a result of foreign trade. This program provides adversely affected workers with opportunities to obtain the skills, credentials, resources, and support necessary to become reemployed.
If you are eligible, the TAA program offers a variety of benefits and services to support you in your search for reemployment. This includes:

  • Job training
  • Income support (Trade Readjustment Allowances)
  • Job search and relocation allowances
  • Wage supplement for certain re-employed trade-affected workers 50 years of age and older (Alternative Trade Adjustment Assistance)

TAA FAQ 2014

Local TAA Contacts

Getting Back to Work After a Trade-Related Layoff TAA Reversion 2014 Fact Sheet

Getting Back to Work After a Trade-Related Layoff TAA Extension Act of 2011 Fact Sheet

Trade Adjustment Assistance for Older Workers

Help for Trade-Affected Older Workers in New Careers

Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act

The WARN Act requires businesses to give early warning of closing and layoffs.

WARN Act Fact Sheet

Immigrant Workers

The Division of Immigrant Policies and Affairs works inside and outside the Department of Labor to serve the needs of immigrants. We make sure our protections, services, and programs are available to everyone, including people with limited English proficiency.

DIPA Home Page

Language Access

Support Services and Health Insurance

NY State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace

NY State of Health is a new way for people to shop for, compare and enroll in health coverage. It is also the only place to get a new kind of financial assistance provided by the federal government to lower the cost of your health coverage. The Marketplace gives you an easy way to compare health insurance plans so you can choose the one that's right for your health needs and your budget.

In the Marketplace, you can apply for help to lower the cost of your health coverage. You may qualify for new tax credits to help pay for your monthly health insurance premiums. You may also be eligible for assistance to help pay for copays, deductibles, and other out-of-pocket costs. The Marketplace will also see if you qualify for free or low-cost coverage from Medicaid or Child Health Plus.

You can learn more and find a trained person who can help you enroll in your area at or by calling 1-855-355-5777.


You may qualify for temporary assistance. Visit from any computer with Internet access. You can do it from your home, the local library or a New York State Career Center. On the site, you can do a five-minute, confidential self-assessment of your income and family situation. The site then lists programs that may help you and tells you where and how to apply in your area. You may qualify for programs such as:

  • Food Stamps
  • Home energy assistance
  • Earned Income Tax Credits
  • Child and dependent care credits
  • Temporary Assistance
  • School lunch programs

2-1-1 and 3-1-1 Referrals to Local Community Resources

Every hour, someone in New York State needs essential services, but people often don't know where to turn. The United Way advises you to pick up the phone and dial 2-1-1 (or 3-1-1 in the New York City area) to get answers and help. Or, visit or Some of the many services include transportation, housing, social services, health and medicine.

Live in New York City?

ACCESS NYC is a free service that identifies and screens for over 30 City, State, and Federal human service benefit programs. You may use this service anonymously or you can create an account. Some ACCESS NYC programs require users to create an account.

Consumer Protection Services

Get free help from the Consumer Protection Board on:

  • Loan modification scams
  • Foreclosure counseling
  • Consumer rights when it comes to debt collectors and abusive debt collection practices
  • Connecting consumers with low-income programs that utilities offer
  • Resolving consumer complaints
  • New credit card reforms and how to avoid abusive credit card offers
  • Financial literacy, such as: credit vs. debt, choosing a credit card, how to read a credit report, payday loans, repossession of merchandise and rent to own
  • Call the hotline at (800) 697-1220

Housing and Urban Development

  • Have your finances changed due to a mortgage payment increase, loss of job, divorce, medical expenses, increase in taxes or other reason?
  • Can you manage your credit card debt?
  • Are you using your credit cards to buy groceries?
  • Is it harder to pay all your monthly bills on time?

If you find it hard to make your house payment each month:

Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.